Copy of a black and white newspaper photograph of the Rev. Dr. A.J. Wilson.
Rev. Dr. Allen Jeffrey Wilson (1870-?) was the pastor of several A.M.E. churches throughout North Carolina, including Wilmington's St. Stephen A.M.E. from 1913-1917. While at St. Stephen's, a three-story annex was built to provide services to the community such as a doctor's office, swimming pool, and library. He was very active in the community, serving on the Board of Directors of Community Hospital, on the first executive board of the colored Chamber of Commerce, and chairman of the colored advisory board of the city schools.
1924 June 1
A. M. E. Church
Reaves, Bill. Strength Through Struggle. Wilmington: New Hanover County Public Library, 1998.
Donated to the New Hanover County Public Library by Bill Reaves in 1999
Copyright is owned by the New Hanover County Public Library. For commercial or other use, permission must be granted.