Photograph of Mrs. Fowler's class, probably 1st grade, at Lake Forest School, Wilmington, NC.
Construction began on Lake Forest School, 1805 S. 13th Street, in 1942. It was built as a grammar school to hold grades one through seven, originally intended to hold the children of war workers and Army personnel living in the three war housing projects in the southern area of the city. It was closed to students in 1988, and used for central offices for the school administration and as a learning center. Currently it is the Mosley Performance Learning Center for children with learning difficulties.
Cape Fearians Digital Collection, New Hanover County Public Library
Copyright is owned by the New Hanover County Public Library. For commercial or other use, permission must be granted.